The Bangalore city is the heritage of a bygone era that represents various man-made wonders. This city can give you an enjoyable trip with a friendly climate.
If you are visiting Bangalore by airplane, then book hotels near bangalore airport as you will need more than one day to visit its famous places.
- Tipu Sultan Fort: Tipu Sultan Fort is one of the famous places of Bangalore which is located in the most crowded area of the city. The architecture of the fort represents the artistic talent of the architects of the past. In the year 1537 Kempegowda constructed this fort by using bricks of mud, and later, it was modified and extended using granite stones by Haider Ali. In the year 1791, the fort was completed by Tipu Sultan. Even though this two-storied structure represents the Islamic style of architecture, there is also a temple of Ganesha, a Hindu God, here. To visit this fort, you will need to buy a ticket and it is open on all days of the week. You can visit it from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm.
- Lal Bagh Botanical Gardens: This Lal Bagh Botanical Garden is considered to be one of the most beautiful botanical gardens in India. It was originally constructed by Haider Ali and then it was modified by Tipu Sultan just like the Tipu Sultan Fort. In this Botanical garden, there is a glass house resembling and inspired by London Crystal Palace. The Garden is spread around 240 acres of land and has a collection of about 1800 species of plants, herbs, and trees in it. You will require a ticket to visit the place and it is open throughout the week and the visiting time is from 6 am to 7 pm.
- Bangalore Palace: In the year 1884, Chamaraja Wodeyar constructed the Bangalore Palace, inspired by the England’s Windsor Castle. The palace has a stunning architecture, which includes its Gothic windows, woodcarvings, and turrets. The palace is surrounded by a beautiful garden and spans some 430 acres of land. The palace is located in the heart of the city and is now used as a place to hold exhibitions and concerts. You will also need a ticket to visit this place which is open for visitors on all the days from 10 am to 5 pm. You can choose Bangalore Tour Packages before to start your journey for Bangalore.
- Nandi Hills: While in Bangalore if you want to feel the nature close to you then Nandi hills is the ideal place for you to visit. It is a beautiful hill station which is 60 km away from Bangalore and offers a spectacular view due to its solid monolithic granite mass. The name of the hill is given after the temple of Nandi which is located at 1478 meter above the sea level and at the top of the hill. The climate of the hill station is very pleasant, so you can visit it any time during your travel.
- The Government Museum: This museum was built in 1886 and it features a rare collection of items reflecting various periods of time. In the galleries of the museum, there is a collection of antique jewellery, Neolithic finds of various civilizations, amazing sculpture, paintings etc.