For those planning to make a travel in the holidays to any of the hill stations, the best and wonderful hill station situated in the foothills of Himalayas is Mussoorie. The place offers a magnificent beauty and greenery around that must not be missed. One can find the beauty at its best when staying in Mussoorie.
Mussoorie which is situated approximately 35 km from the capital city Dehradun derived its name from some plant of the place which was called- Mansoor. These plants are available in very large quantity in the region. Visiting the place, one can see the imprints of British rulers that made this place and also some of the architecture which speaks about them. Some even say that Mussoorie, “Queen of Hills”, is like no another hill station in our country. Its beauty is really mesmerizing. Mussoorie- a beauty galore always help in stealing the hearts of thousands of visitors who always prefer to travel to this place to adorn the beauty prints in mind despite of visiting the other hill stations.Many Indians and foreigners like the place a lot as it’s a very famous hill station and is expected to remain so for the coming time.
For those planning a trip to this wonderful hill station- Mussoorie, there is a no stopping points as the place is enchanted with everything that is required to be on the list when going on for an expedition. From best hotel in Masuri to different adventurous activities, everything can be experienced staying in the place.
Major tourist attractions of Mussoorie are:
- The Lake- One of the most beautiful man-made lake built especially by the government of Uttarakhand, has its stunning beauty. The place is only 6Kms away from Mussoorie and is nowadays a famous picnic spot where one can easily spent good holiday with friends and families. The backdrop of the place is so stress free and mesmerizing; with exciting boat rides between the surrounding of lush green trees is also a serene charm of the place.
- Surkanda Mata Mandir- Offering the most striking views of the Himalayas, this temple is located on the Surkanda peak which is 33kms from Mussoorie. One should visit this temple especially in May and June when many colourful fair and festivals are also organized. This temple has a great religious value among people that come from faraway lands to pay heed to the Goddess.
- Jawalajii temple- Another place of scenic interest for the visitors is the temple which is dedicated to Goddess Durga. This temple is situated on the top of the Benog Hill 9 km away from the main city. Many devotees come and pray to Goddess for health and wealth. Being there on the top of the hill, one can have amazing views of the entire valley which is extremely beautiful.
- Bhatta Falls- It is one of the famous waterfalls in the hills which are really beautiful because of the greenery that is seen and the fresh aura positive vibes to the visitors with full enjoyment.
- Kempty falls- The Mussoorie tour is said to be incomplete without visiting this amazing view of waterfall. The beauty of this waterfall situated 15kms from the city is eye-catching one. It has water splashes that can be enjoyed.
Find a hotel in Mussoorie and stay there enjoying every beautiful place on the list making ways for mesmerizing memories that can be cherished throughout the life.